Thursday, 19 December 2013

Week 98: Cassandra

I've lived in Leeds since 2002, when I made the bold decision to migrate from East to West Yorkshire for university. I'm now settled in Chapel Allerton with my husband and two cats. I work in Headingley for a Leeds based charity; a social network that supports young people with Multiple Sclerosis. Outside of work, I train with Hot Wheel Roller Derby, drink wine, potter in my shed and wander about, thinking about things. I spend most of my spare time in my garden and kitchen. My life revolves around food: growing it, planning it, cooking it, occasionally writing about it, eating it. I don't refer to myself as a 'foodie' as I have no idea what it means. I'm passionate about clean, uncomplicated, dishes which have been cooked with time and care. I'm the slowest cook on earth. I dislike fennel, fusion food and microwaves. I love seafood, eating with my fingers, long fermentation baking and Leeds City market. During my week with People of Leeds, I'll most likely be tweeting about eating, hanging around, the awesome charity I work for, my cats and roller derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment